Designing the Future(s) is proud to announce its sponsorship of a Future(s) Project Showcase at this year’s Teaching, Learning & Innovation Summer Institute (TLISI). On Monday, May 18th, representatives from five Future(s) projects will present their work to Georgetown faculty who are attending the Institute. Throughout the project showcase, faculty are also invited to join Future(s) in exploring the driving questions of its work. For instance, what would it take to have more credit-bearing experiences as part of a transformative education? What if, instead of multiple majors, minors and certificates, students could customize and credential a distinctive pathway? What would be possible if we made use of the whole year calendar?
The following projects will be featured at the Future(s) Project Showcase:
- BA/Masters in Social Justice Communication – Randall Amster, Denise Keyes, Amy Kovac-Ashley, Amanda Munroe, Emily Roper
- Challenges in Childhood and Society – Bruno Anthony, Rachel Barr, Matthew Biel, Phyllis Magrab, Ken Tercyak
- iTag initiative – Sarah Stiles, Emma Thompson
- Studio Collaborative – Arjun Dhillon, Maggie Little, Matt Pavesich, Francis Slakey
- Writing, Design and Communications Minor – Evan Barba, Maggie Debelius, Sherry Linkon, JR Osborn, Matt Pavesich
- Digital Badging- Erika Cohen-Derr, Michael Schaub
Hosted by Georgetown’s Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship (CNDLS), TLISI offers Georgetown faculty workshops and seminars to enhance teaching in the classroom. This year, CNDLS also invites Georgetown faculty to participate in experimental Productive Open Design Spaces (PODS) centered on pedagogical challenges. If you are a Georgetown faculty member interested in attending TLISI, please register here.